Tuesday 4 August 2009

Michael is much much better today, downstairs playing his games and looking brighter than he has for weeks. I actually got him to explain a little about his friends at school. My brother rang today talking about bringing his son down to see Michael and he's saying things like oh well they can go into town or they can go other places as if it was completely normal and I expressed to M how difficult it was for me to explain to people like my brother that he doesn't do this sort of thing. Yes he can get on the bus and go into town now but he has no interest in wandering round the shops or any other pointless filling time exercise whereas his son does that all the time. Anyway it was very interesting that he said about how the kids he's friendly with at school are just the same, they don't go out, they don't go to pubs etc either and one has family problems that keep him at home a lot. I suggested about them coming here or vice versa and that apparently doesn't happen either but he seems ok with just talking to them all on messenger etc. I feel a little sad that I can't do much to help the situation but I do wish his father and certain other people had some understanding that there is nothing wrong with being the way he is. He actually said that's why he'd rather sleep in the day and be up at night cuz then he can talk to all these kids in Canada about games and figures and the stuff that is important to him and not have to feel guilty about not being "normal". Thankfully he gets that I get it but he does understand that I'm stuck in the middle having to listen to people like his father and grandma moaning about what he SHD be doing instead. Well in my book he shd be doing whatever makes him happy and if pub crawls and window shopping don't do it for him, I don't see why he shd have to do it just to make everybody else happy. Isn't it sad that even his own father doesn't understand him?

No comments: